Friday, September 26, 2008

Catching Our Breath

So, yeah, the past two months have been busy, but mostly in the real world. The Birdie went to London and Seattle and came home again with lots of toys and many stories. I worked my butt off for not enough money...but, this IS Michigan. ;) I did some work on the hat project, but nothing else is worth posting here yet. I took huge advantage of MELCAT and got my hands on as many books on hats and fashion as I could...and realized that Michigan just doesn't have the fashion research libraries to support the project. *le sigh* So, that's on hold until I can get my hands on older, rarer books.

We have made an exciting discovery, however! Somehow completely unknown to us, there's a fabulous little shop about 45 min away from where we live that specializes in historical dressmaking. We haven't made it down there yet, but be sure that we will! You can check them out yourselves at http://www.thedressmakersshop.com/mystore/nfoscomm/catalog/

Current To-Do List:
Finish a corset
Make Female Viking Dress circa 800 AD for Penguicon
Make Regency Dress circa 1810 for Regency Exhibition Ball

No comments: